When you’re travelling around the web, looking for something interesting and different in the course space, sometimes you find it. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has an online training website for athletes, containing a number of courses on sports related topics.
The courses available at the current time are:
- Can Champions Be Made?
- How to Avoid Injury and Illness
- Sports Psychology – The Winning Mindset
- Sport Technology – On and Behind the Stage
- Knowledge is Golden
- Cardiovascular Responses to Exercise
- Smarter Eating for Better Performance
- Athlete Career Transition
As you can see, there are lots of interesting topics in that list. From food, to the function of the human body, to the mental game. And post-athletics career choices taught by former Olympic athletes.
I’ve signed up for the Sports Psychology course, and I hope the class content and delivery is up to Olympic standards. I’ll review it here, of course. If you’re interested, it seems that you don’t have to be an athlete to sign up, so go check it out.